Create using backend
Automatic create table dbo.itemtype_event
1. Create using DB, usefull for importing data
Name the table like: “ItemType_” + itemname, two required column id and pageid
=>; automatically avail. In Dynamicweb
2. Create using .net code
(Can it be done using xslt inline code?)
Must be a public class
Reference to dw.content.items
Inherit from Item
(Delete when contents exists?)
Set field type using .net attr., also specify group, custem names and such
Find item types here: Management >; system >; item types
3. Create using schema – xml
All items are stored in files system items – ready to copy to other solutions
4. Creating content based on Item types
They will apear below a page, so you need a “normal” Dynamicweb page before you can add content to a website.
Questions from partners:
- New paragraph module ItemPublisher can output items
From page or area
List and details view
Edit items in frontend
- Can you control which items can apper under an item?
Yes. In backend you can choose restrictions using chechbox, which types can be inserted. Also support for custom rules in .net
- Is richtexteditor around?
Yes.tool can be customized using config file.
- Is there a reason for page and not paragraph levl?
- Show details on same page?
Yes. Yes add itemid= to querystring
- Support for master, items with items?
Hope to support in future
- Module included in standard license?
Cannot answer (only a developer) yes standard feature!
- Can we add more field types?
We have many… Including editable list, can be extended. You CAN. Create your own.
F.i. A type autocomplete.
- Can you make custem tags?
Yes. You can write template extender
- Can you extend with custom filters to list?
Not now, but in future.
- Can we control which itemtypes can be inserted?
No, not under a normal page.
- Does it scale well?
Yes, ofcause it does. (With some notes….) it should do.
- Inheritence? Between item types
They discuss some ways…
- Could you create item types using inline C# code in XSLT?
Pavel could not answer :-)
Item types can (in future) have default layout type
Filetype filemanager will be a type on release.
You cannot mix paragraph and items on a page (guess you have to use item publisher module)
Will be in the 27th of november release